Welcome

Welcome to my writings or rants or whatever. Primarily these pages contain content of particular relevance to people in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

There are some links on the right which people in Saint Paul might find helpful.

If you feel inspired enough to publicly [although the particular public is not very big] comment on anything I have written, a place is provided. PLEASE GIVE ME A NAME OF YOUR CHOICE [as long as you don't use somebody else's] AND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD [to help give identity and establish perspective]. I reserve the right to continue to delete as I see fair and proper.




Thursday, October 1, 2009

Two years of Capitol City Musings



Today is the second anniversary of my first posting here at Capitol City Musings. I have posted at an average very close to one every other day and received a non-SPAM, usable comment on the average of one every three days, although the number seems to have dropped off quite a bit lately. [I have not had a comment in almost three months.] The first frequent commenter was somebody using the name “Midway Barb” and I have not heard from her in a year.

I have had comments come from some famous [?] people. Dick Tuck wrote me early on and I have heard from one legislator. The “Dick Tuck” who wrote me is likely not the real Dick Tuck. The legislator was verified as legitimate. I even received [with a quickness which amazed me] a stern lecture from somebody more knowledgeable about Roman Catholic procedures [a brother (in the religious sense, I think)] who corrected me on the difference between a feast day and a holy day.

I have done three “treasure hunts” with limited result. D.N. Berg won two, but the winner of the third chose to stay anonymous which gives some kind of message when the only award to the winner is the limited public recognition this forum can give. I might do a fourth this winter.

Recently I have added “The Muser’s shared items” which features my short comments on things for which I am not doing full posts and providing the URL to the article upon which I am commenting. I cannot say that I have heard much about this new feature whether good or ill.

It is good that this was never designed to be one of those places that people just had to visit, because it certainly has not been one. But I still run into people who tell me that they noted and maybe even liked something they saw in CCM. So I guess I will continue this longer. Feel free to continue reading or to tell your friends/enemies of this site and to send me comments as desired. [I really don’t censor much. I have probably deleted no more than half a dozen or so for objectionable – racist in every case, I believe – content and maybe a dozen or two for being SPAM.]

After all, your comments may make year three our best ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us are still watching.