Welcome

Welcome to my writings or rants or whatever. Primarily these pages contain content of particular relevance to people in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

There are some links on the right which people in Saint Paul might find helpful.

If you feel inspired enough to publicly [although the particular public is not very big] comment on anything I have written, a place is provided. PLEASE GIVE ME A NAME OF YOUR CHOICE [as long as you don't use somebody else's] AND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD [to help give identity and establish perspective]. I reserve the right to continue to delete as I see fair and proper.




Saturday, October 17, 2009

RIP: Capitol City Cacophony?

When I left my job with District 2 Community Council in 1991 I decided to reclaim those first amendment rights which I had surrendered for my employment. So I started an irregularly published newsletter which I labeled Capitol City Cacophony. It was a one-man project using [at first] publishing software fit for a Commodore 64 which I personally financed, printed, and distributed to people who might have an interest in the topic[s] the newsletter was covering.

In 2001 I moved Capitol City Cacophony to a GeoCities web site. It was less expensive but allowed Yahoo to put ads on it. And I lost the ability to control the distribution.

Capitol City Cacophony went fine for a few years, but it seemed as if the software needed to use it kept becoming more averse to my computer and its dialup modem, so I replaced it with Capitol City Musings on Blogspot.

Yahoo will be eliminating all GeoCities sites in the next few days. While I have done little to maintain the site, there is still some stuff on the Capitol City Cacophony pages and it will be gone.

Some of the material will likely reappear here or in Ray’s Leaky Pen or someplace else, but I am not sure where or when. Most of the Jefferson Hill stuff has never made it even to CCC, but I do hope to have a lot of Jefferson Hill content up somewhere sometime.

If anybody wishes to see CCC content you might wish to do so this week.

No comments: