Welcome

Welcome to my writings or rants or whatever. Primarily these pages contain content of particular relevance to people in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

There are some links on the right which people in Saint Paul might find helpful.

If you feel inspired enough to publicly [although the particular public is not very big] comment on anything I have written, a place is provided. PLEASE GIVE ME A NAME OF YOUR CHOICE [as long as you don't use somebody else's] AND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD [to help give identity and establish perspective]. I reserve the right to continue to delete as I see fair and proper.




Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two quick observations on our November 3rd exercises

1. Mayor Coleman the Second was reelected. It is certainly newsworthy and important. And I am sure that there are mandates in there some place and maybe somebody will correctly discern what they are and act accordingly.

In 2005 he unseated an incumbent mayor with thirty years of service in elective office and whatever personal machinery had been developed. In 2009, as an incumbent, he beat a non-incumbent with no political experience.

While that makes me question whether service as our mayor has helped Chris Coleman’s political future, it does indicate that he still has a present and we all need to respect that.

2. We approved IRV. It was close but the results did surprise me. It will be interesting to see how it develops when we choose councilmembers in 2011. It also leads me to question how we plan to pay for the 2011 school board primary.

No comments: